Food and Emergency Storage Preparedness

“Be prepared in all things against the day when tribulations and desolations are sent forth upon the wicked.”
Doctrine and Covenants 29:8

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Bragging Rights

Remember to START HERE if you are just beginning to read now!


I have the most amazing husband in the entire world.  I could leave it at that, but I don't mind bragging a little more about his awesome-ness, so I'll explain. : ) 


You know how I mentioned in this blog post that it's impossible to find a regular sized FoodSaver jar sealer? And how I was going to "make do" with the wide mouth jar?  Well, it is partially true, they are really scarce, and I was okay with living with just the one, even though I would prefer to have both.  Well, I got a package in the mail that about knocked my socks off: 




Yes, that is what it appears to be.  It's a brand new regular sized jar sealer.  Unbeknown to me, my husband had been searching for one for me.  He had been keeping on eye on e-bay, and a store finally came up with one for sale, so he grabbed it.  It did cost about twice as much as the wide mouth one, but I am SO excited to have one, especially because all of the jars I had before I began this new Food Storage venture were regular mouthed jars.  


And what happened to coincide with this fantastic day?!  $2 off coupons at Costco for their 56 oz M&Ms.  I got 2 bags and got to try out my new toy. 


  
As you can see, I got 4 pints and 2 quarts out of my 2 bags.  I had about a pint's worth (or maybe a little less) left over that I left for snacking.  


: )  


*MUAH* Thank you my wonderful husband. 


As a side note, if there is anyone in the Nampa-ish area that would like to come over and use my jar sealers for a project, you're more than welcome to!  

No comments:

Post a Comment